Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Orkin Cat

As I was laying in bed relaxing with my laptop 5 minutes ago I heard the jingle of a cats' collar and a distinct buzzing near my ear. This could only mean one thing. BEETLE ATTACK!

I hopped up and saw that the beetle had landed about 2 inches from my head on my pillow. [Excuse me while I go puke for 3 hours] I then grabbed the pillow and ran out into the living room so that a) I could better see this bug and confirm the beetle sighting and b) so Buck could attack it.

I called Buck into the living room for way too long and since he wasn't getting the hint I ran back into the bedroom scooped him up and brought him into the living room with me. At first he took some interest in the beetle, of course it was difficult for him to see it being that Kyle and I have diagnosed him as a far-sighted cat. But in any event, he took a little bit of interest and then ran towards the front door. That was when I knew I was in trouble.

Why?

Because the only thing more interesting than a relatively stationary beetle is a crazy, flailing, flying beetle.

I need to stop the anecdotal aspect of the story and recap my thoughts at that time (all of 10 minutes ago). One beetle I have already confessed is something I'm perfectly fine with. This is because it keeps Buck entertained aka makes him stop whining for: food/going outside/play time etc. But two beetles... that's a whole new animal. Because a) Buck can only attack one beetle at a time leaving one beetle to just fly around and perhaps touch me and b) this thing has a chance to possibly mate before Buck has time to kill one of them and I would not like to have a beetle infestation anytime soon!

So currently-- and I can say this without even being in the same room, Buck is sitting at the front door keeping an eye on both beetles, clearly in cat heaven.

This reminds me of a video I took of Kyle helping Buck attack a beetle that wouldn't come down from the ceiling. Enjoy!

1 comment:

tpeterson said...

Hahahaha Sarah... I can clearly see you telling this story to me. I can just see you putting your hand to your chest and rolling your eyes to the ceiling when you exclaim that you puked for three hours. Those beetles are really evil in that not so evil way. I mean, they just sit, crawl and fly around. And that would be fine and everything except that I hate insects in my living space.

I told Lya the other day that one billion years of evolution has sufficiently separated us (the insects) so that they should be out there while I'm comfy in here.

Any intruders will be summarily killed, pulverized, crushed and squashed like a bug. And yes, the pun was intended.