Friday, November 16, 2007

KISS Gene Simmons... Business Model

I apologize for any KISS fans I may offend when I say that Gene Simmons is a business man trapped in a musicians body.

It is now apparent to me that he would have never been a musician if it weren't for the $$$ that comes along with it.

Recently Gene was interviewed saying that College kids are what have killed the music industry. How have we done this? By downloading music.. stealing as they call it. Gene Simmons honestly believes that the record companies should "sue them out of existence"... or some similar extermination technique.

We all can't be so lucky as to have a bazillion and a half dollars and be able to purchase any CD or mp3 that strikes our fancy.

I have watched Gene Simmons show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" and enjoyed it. While it is incredibly contrived the few true family exchanges that occur are fun to view. I'll probably watch it again but I won't look up to Gene as a person anymore, only as a money grubbing business man.

A few posts ago I wrote about Radiohead and their promotion letting their fans pay as much or as little as they want for the album that was just released. Gene's response to this was "Are you on fucking crack?"

Maybe I am since I still believe that people should be able to download music as they please. I wonder if Gene also believes in charging people full price for AIDS drugs? He's probably a libertarian.

1 comment:

jeanie said...

I watched his reality show and couldn't turn away since it reminded me of how shallow and stupid rich, famous washed up, never too talented musicians can be. It's a hoot, especially when he and his woman get his and hers face lifts. too bad they didn't get conscious lifts. Why is the american public fasinated by train wrecked people with fried brains? I guess the same reason they voted for George Bush, bad judgement. Let's try not to care what Gene Simmons says or does, since he isn't the president and has an opinion that is based on no thought or knowledge. I was never a kiss fan and am proud to say Gene who???