Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Orkin Cat is Fired!!

While I was writing a paper a few hours ago I had another beetle encounter. I included the following in my paper:

Dear Reader aka Professor, I would like you to know that the entire writing style, state of mind, and ability to write this monster blog post has been altered by another beetle situation. About 10 minutes ago a beetle dropped in mission impossible-style onto my monitor. Since then my cat has been wandering my desk in search of it and now it has gone missing. As I write I will be on constant notice of a beetle walking possibly near my hands, across my monitor, or, god forbid, flying into my face. With that being said, please enjoy my possibly spastic analysis of what makes the better blog.
During this time, which was a few hours all together, I screamed or as Kyle refers to it "yelped" about 5 times, jumped up from my chair at least 2 and called Buck over dozens.

In the beginning the beetle went from my monitor to my desk to my desk lamp back to the monitor down to the desk behind the docking station, crawled across the USB cables and onto my graphing calculator. At that point I put the graphing calculator on the floor and called Buck (once again) over to take care of the situation. But Buck as I mentioned before is farsighted and perhaps going blind because he could hardly notice a beetle that I could hardly take my eyes off of. When I got back in the work mode I began to type once more and as I was looking up some info I felt something on my hand, I immediately screamed (or yelped) and leapt out of my chair *yes Tim, with one hand on my chest* The beetle was ON MY MOUSE!... from the floor to my mouse in like 1.2 minutes, is that some sort of beetle record?! Well if it's not it is certainly some sort of infringement of personal property/space that must be illegal somewhere.

At that point I went into full blown panic mode with crazy gaspy breathing, gagging and wiping my hand off on my pants to rid myself of the icky beetle-y spiny feeling. Kyle finally calmed me down by taking the beetle (on a piece of paper) across the apartment and directing Buck to it.

Now I do not know where this beetle is and I am possibly more disgusted than before. BARF!

No comments: