Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Bleak Squad

I am at work right now and I'm pretty sure my old CRT monitor has a migraine. I can tell this because the picture is quivering in pain along the edges of the screen.

With that being said the monitor could explode at any moment and I may die from the impact and then again from the mercury poisoning. KABLOOEY!

On with the story...

Last Tuesday after my insurance bonanza I decided to subject myself to more torture and take my laptop to Geek Squad to see what they could do speed it back up. As of last Monday playing solitaire was a difficult task for this machine.

I promise some tremendously funny things happened while I was waiting in line to hand in my laptop but I will skip to the important part.

This kid took my machine told me that I would be getting a call from them in 24-48 hours about whether I could come pick it up or if it needed to be "sent in" (which I think is code for bashing with a large object).

Needless to say I never received a call. So today, exactly one week later I called them and asked about my poor laptop. This kid said "Oh we were just about to call you"... my fat ass.

I asked him when they actually did the diagnostic he said last night. Keep in mind, this was supposed to happen Wednesday or Thursday.

But the good news is that he said my poor 4 year old HP failed the stress test and something else and will be sent in for 3 weeks to get rebuilt! The bionic laptop! We can rebuild him... oh wait that's the $6 million dollar man.

1 comment:

jeanie said...

And at what point were you surprised by this lack of service by Best Buy!? Isn't it sad that we are just happy to have a salesperson give us a nod and perhaps a slight smile, (which could just be gas). Customer service is a thing of the past. why is that? does the customer not deserve some respect? We are becoming used to the faceless blobs that take our money and say in that fake voice "have a nice day" they might as well just stick smiley face masks on their faces and give you the finger.