Thursday, January 24, 2008

Collaboration For All!

Despite only having 3 classes this semester, I have the most group projects I've ever had in the same amount of time. At least the most long-term group projects.

I am getting nervous about one of them. This is mostly because no one had taken any initiative to get the group together or talking. So last night after having a day-mare that we were going to do terribly because of all the apathetic group members I sent out a mass e-mail and an invitation to a Google Doc.

I haven't checked the doc yet, but I will right now and fill you in as to whether these slackers look like they may change their ways.

Wow! I am impressed, 2 out of 4 of them have responded. Perhaps this won't be horrible after all.

It is always strange when someone who would've otherwise be a leader has to step up and do so. I have a strong feeling I will be that person for this group. Hopefully I'll serve them well ::salutes::.

When I wrote them all last night I said I suggest they all get on Gmail (2 of them already had been) as it would make scheduling easier. The lack of ease in getting in touch with people makes me nervous. It boggles my mind when groups or teams aren't all on the same system of communication. I want a team that will be ON the app of choice and be checking up on it frequently. Pipe dream I suppose.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Way to step up and be the leader! I'm sure your team will do well with you at the helm.